- This 26-mile stretch of highway bisects impressive landscapes between Provo and the Heber Valley.
- Follow the Provo River and see views of Mt. Timpanogos.
- Pause at Deer Creek Reservoir for some swimming, sailing or fishing.
- See the tumbling waters at Bridal Veil Falls.
- Take a side trip down the Alpine Scenic Loop (UT-92).
Provo Canyon Scenic Byway is a stunning 26-mile segment of US-189 that runs between the Utah towns of Heber and Provo. Starting in Heber, the drive takes you through the lush Heber Valley as it follows the Provo River before coming upon Deer Creek Reservoir. Recreate on or around the lake for a few hours before continue southwest through Uinta National Forest. If you have extra time, turn right onto the Alpine Scenic Loop (UT-92) near the town of Vivian Park for a visit to Sundance Resort, Timpanogos Cave National Monument, and more. Bridal Veil Falls is another must-stop location along this gorgeous scenic byway.
To reach Provo Canyon Scenic Byway (US-189) from Park City follow UT-248 E for 3 miles before merging onto US-189 S. The scenic byway begins approximately 14 miles south along US-189 just beyond the town of Heber, at the junction of US-189 and US-40. Stay right to continue on US-189.
The drive from Park City to Heber is approximately 18 miles and take about 20 minutes. A drive down Provo Canyon Scenic Byway takes approximately 35 minutes not including breaks for recreation.
- Get great views of Uinta National Forest and Mt. Timpanogos.
- Follow the Provo River and pull over for a few hours of trout fishing.
- Snap a photo of Deer Creek Reservoir from the top of Provo Canyon then spend a few hours boating, swimming, sailing or fishing.
- Take a side trip down the Alpine Scenic Loop (UT-92) and see Sundance Resort, Timpanogos Cave National Monument, and more.
- Stop for a picnic lunch near the cascading waters of Bridal Veil Falls.